Recipe: Tasty Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot with 1920x0 Resolution
Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot.
You can cook Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 250 grams of red or green lentils.
- Prepare 5 medium of russet or yellow potatoes, boiled and sliced.
- It’s 12 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 2 large of white onion.
- It’s 2 medium of carrots, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 6 stalks of celery.
- It’s 1 medium of leek.
- Prepare 4 large of red or serrano chili peppers, with seeds.
- You need 1 large tin of diced tomatoes (3 cups).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 small tin of tomato paste.
- You need 250 ml of vegetable stock (1-1.5 cups).
- You need 1 tsp of vegemite.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 large of turnips, boiled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt (optional).
- You need 1 cup of red or white wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garam masala.
Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot instructions
- Rinse lentils and dump into boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place potatoes and turnips (peeling optional) in cold water and slowly bring to boil, boiling gently for 30 minutes. Let cool before chopping the turnips and slicing the potatoes..
- Melt butter in an oven safe dish on the stove (or prepare casserole dish for oven transfer later) over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots, celery, leeks and chili peppers until slightly sweated.
- Once slightly sweated, add all spices EXCEPT the paprika and work into the dish, allowing for the spices to infuse the veggies..
- Once the ingredients start sticking slightly to the bottom of the pan, splash in the cup of wine to deglaze and allow to cook until the alcohol burns off..
- Add the diced tomatoes, vegemite, tomato paste and worcestershire sauce to the pot. Cover until boiling, then lower heat to low and preheat the oven to 350°F..
- Cook low and slow on the stove for 30 minutes before adding the turnips and lentils. Stir around and add the vegetable stock.
- Either dump the contents into an ovensafe dish or in the same pot, neatly arrange the sliced potatoes over the top, slightly overlapping each potato in a concentric circle..
- If necessary, add a bit more vegetable stock until it is just below the level of the potatoes. Now sprinkle the potatoes with the paprika and pop into the preheated oven for 60 minutes..
Recipe: Tasty Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot is high definition wallpaper and size this wallpaper is 1920x0. You can make Recipe: Tasty Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot For your Desktop Background, Tablet, Android or iPhone and another Smartphone device for free. To download and obtain the Recipe: Tasty Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot images by click the download button below to get multiple high-resversions.
- File Name : Recipe: Tasty Vegetarian Lancashire Hot Pot
- Resolution : 1920x0 Pixel
- Category : geteraian
- Added on November 9, 2019 (41 Views)
- Tags :