Recipe: Perfect Split Green Pea Soup with 1920x0 Resolution
Split green pea soup. In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat olive oil. Cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic until onion is translucent. Stir in yellow and green split peas, broth, seasoning and salt.
To make it thinner, reduce the amount of split peas or add more water. Depending on the density of split peas, it may take a while for the vegetables and peas to soften, but you can't really overcook this soup; just stir occasionally, and add water if it gets too dry. Melt butter and oil in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat. You can have Split green pea soup using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Split green pea soup
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, diced.
- It’s 3 stalks of celery, diced.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1/4 tsp of thyme leaves,dried.
- Prepare 3 of carrots, chopped.
- It’s 4-6 cloves of Garlic, presses or finely minced.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 6 cups of chicken or vegetable broth low sodium (add another cup if you want thinner broth).
- It’s 1 lb of Green Split Peas (rinced).
- It’s 1 tsp of liquid smoke optional for vegetarian version.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt kosher or 1/4 tsp table salt (add after cooking if needed).
- Prepare of Optional meats you can use: (or combination of them).
- Prepare 6 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 2 of small ham hocks.
- It’s 2-3 cups of diced leftover ham (which is all I use).
Add celery, onion, carrot, and salt. Bring to a boil and skim foam (if any) with a mesh strainer. Ham, bacon, and sausage all go exceptionally well with peas. One of the most traditional ways of making split pea soup is to flavor it with ham bones.
Split green pea soup step by step
- Turn the pressure cooker on to the Sauté function. Let it warm up and add the olive oil and butter..
- Add the onion, celery, bay leaves, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add the carrots, garlic, (bacon or ham, if using), and pepper and cook for a minute.
- Add broth, hambone or ham hock, if using, (Add liquid smoke, if using, for vegetarian method). Let come to a simmer..
- Stir in split peas..
- Place the lid on the pot and lock it in place. Set the steam release knob to the Sealing position..
- Cancel the sauté function and Choose Pressure Cook/Manual, and use the + or – or dial to choose 18 minutes. High pressure. It will take a few minutes for the pot to come to pressure..
- When the cooking time has finished, let the pot sit undisturbed for 15 minutes to naturally release some of the pressure. Then turn the steam release knob to Venting to quick release the remaining pressure..
- When the pin in the lid drops down, carefully open the lid, facing away from you. Remove the bay leaves and the bone or ham hocks, if you used them..
- Taste and add the salt as desired. Serve hot. The soup will thicken quite a bit when it cools, that is normal..
- This isn’t my recipe I found it online at simply nourishing and tried it out. I liked the fact you do not have to use Ham or a ham hock. I posted it because I use it again and again and tweek it till it tastes the way I like it.😸.
Most recipes include onion, celery, carrots, and potatoes. In the herb department, bay leaves, thyme, mint, marjoram, rosemary, and parsley are all delicious additions. Split pea soup is classic comfort food. This version is a basic combination of green split peas, ham, vegetables, and seasonings. This basic pea soup is cooked on the stovetop, but with just a few alterations, it may be cooked in the slow cooker.
Recipe: Perfect Split Green Pea Soup is high definition wallpaper and size this wallpaper is 1920x0. You can make Recipe: Perfect Split Green Pea Soup For your Desktop Background, Tablet, Android or iPhone and another Smartphone device for free. To download and obtain the Recipe: Perfect Split Green Pea Soup images by click the download button below to get multiple high-resversions.
- File Name : Recipe: Perfect Split Green Pea Soup
- Resolution : 1920x0 Pixel
- Category : Uncategorized
- Added on September 13, 2020 (26 Views)
- Tags :