Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Sauerkraut Rolls (krautkrapfen) with 1920x0 Resolution
Sauerkraut Rolls (Krautkrapfen). Sauerkraut Rolls (Krautkrapfen) Felice Ohio, United States Krautkrapfen is a German dish made by rolling up sauerkraut or sautéed cabbage into a noodle dough, then braising it in hot broth. Adding some caraway seeds and bacon is the secret to making this extra delicious 😉 If you have homemade sauerkraut, it will taste even better. Krautkrapfen is a recipe from Bavaria/Germany: crullers from noodle dough filled with sauerkraut and bacon.
It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Sauerkraut Rolls (Krautkrapfen) is something which I've loved my whole life. You can cook Sauerkraut Rolls (Krautkrapfen) using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut Rolls (Krautkrapfen)
- Prepare 250 grams of flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 4 tbsp of water or more if needed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sauerkraut (or 1/2 fresh cabbage).
- It’s 2 slices of bacon (leave out for vegetarian).
- Prepare 1 of small onion or 1/2 large one.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of caraway seeds.
- You need 1 1/2-2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil for frying.
They're fine and they look wonderful. Das Sauerkraut ausdrücken und das Krautwasser dabei auffangen. Spread kraut mixture evenly over the sheets of dough. Das Sauerkraut ausdrücken und das Krautwasser dabei auffangen.
Sauerkraut Rolls (Krautkrapfen) step by step
- Make the noodle dough: Mix the flour, salt, egg, oil and water until you can form the dough into a ball..
- Knead the dough for a few minutes on a floured surface until smooth. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. If using fresh cabbage, slice it into thin strips. If using sauerkraut, drain..
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan and fry bacon and onions until bacon is slightly browned. Add cabbage/sauerkraut and cook on low for 15 minutes. Season with caraway, salt and pepper. Set aside..
- On a well floured surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle (about 10 in X 20 in | 25 cm X 50 cm)..
- Spread out the filling to cover 3/4 of the dough. Roll the dough up, finishing with the unfilled portion..
- Brush a little water on the unfilled flap of dough to "seal" the roll at the end..
- Cut into 6-8 pieces depending on the size.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in a large frying pan. Put the dough rolls cut side down and fry on medium for about 2-3 minutes until browned..
- Flip to the other side, fry an additional 2-3 minutes. Pour hot broth over the rolls and cover with lid..
- Let cook over medium low heat for 15-20 minutes. Check every once in a while to make sure there is enough liquid in the pan (add a little water if needed – you want some broth left over)..
- Divide into dishes and pour over the leftover broth. Garnish with some chopped parsley and dig in!.
It's a shame this dish is hard to come by outside of its place of origin. Even in Southern Germany, this dish will hardly be featured on restaurant menus as its preparation can be labor intensive and it is not readily available as instant food. On the other hand, the ingredients for these cabbage rolls are as basic as it. Im Nudelteig eingerolltes Sauerkraut mit Speck und in der Pfanne angebr. Ideal an kalten, regnerischen Tagen ist das typische Allgäuer Gericht – Krautkrapfen.
Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Sauerkraut Rolls (krautkrapfen) is high definition wallpaper and size this wallpaper is 1920x0. You can make Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Sauerkraut Rolls (krautkrapfen) For your Desktop Background, Tablet, Android or iPhone and another Smartphone device for free. To download and obtain the Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Sauerkraut Rolls (krautkrapfen) images by click the download button below to get multiple high-resversions.
- File Name : Easiest Way to Prepare Delicious Sauerkraut Rolls (krautkrapfen)
- Resolution : 1920x0 Pixel
- Category : Uncategorized
- Added on December 10, 2020 (25 Views)
- Tags :