How to Cook Delicious Shepherd's Pie (vegetarian/vegan /low Carb) with 1920x0 Resolution
Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb). How to Make Vegan Low Carb Shepherd's Pie It all starts with the classic Shepherd's Pie filling – only it's vegan, and gluten free. Usually Shepherd's Pie is made with ground beef and a roux made of butter, flour and beef broth, but I keep it light with gluten free ground oats and an umami-rich mushroom broth instead. A vegan shepherd's pie is usually made with potatoes, lentils or beans.
Mash the cauliflower when it is still warm as it's easier to mash. Loaded with fresh vegetables and flavorful herbs, there's nothing not to like in this vegan shepherd's pie. The result is a delicious low carb vegetarian shepherd's pie recipe that the whole family will love!. You can cook Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) using 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb)
- You need of Equipment.
- Prepare 2 of Pans.
- Prepare 1 of Baking Tray (I think mine was approx 20cm x 20cm).
- It’s 1 of Food Pocessor (I used my trusty Nutribullet).
- You need of Oven.
- Prepare of Produce.
- You need 1 of Celery Sticks (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 of Carrots (finely chopped).
- It’s 1/2-1 of Leek (finely chopped).
- It’s 200 gms of Mushrooms (some sliced, some finely chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 of Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Clove (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 tbs of fresh Parsley (finely chopped).
- It’s 3 sprigs of Thyme (leave whole).
- It’s 1 head of Cauliflower (processed) – for the topping.
- You need of Others.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of tab Dried Mix Herbs (or Pizza herbs).
- It’s 1 tbs of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 3 tsp of salt (2 for filling, 1 for topping).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Pepper (1 for filling, 2/2 for topping).
- You need 1 tbs of Rice Flour (mixed in with 1/2 cup cold water).
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Water.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Almond Milk (for the topping).
- It’s 1 tbs of butter (for the topping – I used a dairy free version).
- You need 3 tbs of Parmesan (for the topping – I used a Vegan Parmesan).
- It’s 1 Can of lentils (drained and rinsed).
- You need 2 tbs of Olive Oil.
Shepherd's pie was a classic that many households in Australia and Britain grew up with and started as a way for people to make left-over scraps of meat and vegetables into a delicious meal. This Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie is made with a creamy, flavorful vegetable filling topped with fluffy mashed potatoes. It's a warm and cozy healthy dinner recipe that's perfect for a chilly night. Plus it's easy to make and very nutritious.
Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) step by step
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare vegetables as per ingredients instructions (pic doesn't show the Cauliflower once put in the food processor or the rice flour mixture).
- Place 1tbs Olive oil in a pan, add the onion and saute for 5mins..
- While the onion sautes, in the other pan, add the processed Cauliflower, 2 cups almond milk, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper to the other pan. Place lid on pan and leave to simmer covered (I didn't take any pics, sorry). This will cook down for approx 15 – 20mins cooking (or until softened).
- Back to the filling pan, Add the other tbs olive oil and then leek and garlic and saute for a further 3 minutes. Then add the Mushrooms, carrot, celery, parsley, tomato paste, thyme, mixed herbs, paprika, 2 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper and stir..
- Add the lentils and 1 1/2 cups Water and stir. Bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for approx 10mins.
- Just before the filling is ready, add the rice flour water mixture and cook for a minute or so and place the filling mixture into the baking tray.
- For the topping, place the cooked down Cauliflower mixture in a Food processor (I used a Nutribullet), with the butter and 2tbs Parmesan and blitz until smooth..
- Spread the Cauliflower Mash over the top of the filling, sprinkle the last tablespoon of Parmesan over the top and bake for 30mins..
- Once finished, serve. You can leave in the oven for longer for a browner top. I was too hungry to wait and it was great anyway (although doesn't make for the prettiest of pics 😂).
Today we're sharing a healthy twist on classic comfort food. Shepherd's pie, also sometimes called cottage pie, is a casserole made with a saucy meat sauce layer (traditionally lamb) topped with mashed potatoes. It's not normally keto friendly, since it usually contains starch in the gravy and has mashed potatoes on top. VEGGIES If it's a low carb vegetable, it can go into this keto shepherd's pie recipe. Onions, celery, mushrooms, even broccoli, peas or green beans make for a colorful entrée.
How to Cook Delicious Shepherd's Pie (vegetarian/vegan /low Carb) is high definition wallpaper and size this wallpaper is 1920x0. You can make How to Cook Delicious Shepherd's Pie (vegetarian/vegan /low Carb) For your Desktop Background, Tablet, Android or iPhone and another Smartphone device for free. To download and obtain the How to Cook Delicious Shepherd's Pie (vegetarian/vegan /low Carb) images by click the download button below to get multiple high-resversions.
- File Name : How to Cook Delicious Shepherd's Pie (vegetarian/vegan /low Carb)
- Resolution : 1920x0 Pixel
- Category : Uncategorized
- Added on December 11, 2020 (22 Views)
- Tags :